Video Marketing Works for Small Businesses
It takes some work, but small businesses that use video marketing can get big results through improved search engine optimization leading to increased sales. This according to SCORE, the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors.
SCORE said that businesses are creating cost-effective promotional videos in a range of categories, including explainers, product demos and testimonials, and these videos are performing well with customers on small business websites and social media pages.
Videos resonate with consumers:
- 71% of consumers made a purchase after watching an online video about local products and services, according to one survey.
- Four times as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
Videos boost marketing ROI:
- Including videos in email marketing increases click-through rates by 96%.
- Videos improve Search Engine Optimization rankings. Videos are 50 times more likely to land on the first page of Google search results compared to text-based content.
- 87% of survey respondents had a positive ROI with digital video.
Successful videos can be produced on small business budgets:
- The greatest number of videos (16 per month) were produced by companies in the lowest revenue bracket (less than $5 million).
Shorter videos perform better:
- Videos shorter than 90 seconds keep 53% of viewers watching until the end, compared to videos longer than 30 minutes, which retain only 10% of viewers.
Find out more from SCORE at www.score.org.
Copyright Today’s Credit Unions