Trust Your Credit Union
Among the organizations that consumers are most likely to forgive for making a mistake, one credit union makes it near the top of the list. Not a single mega bank can claim that honor.
Based on a study by Temkin Group of 10,000 U.S consumers, USAA and ACE Rent A Car took the top spots in the 2018 Temkin Forgiveness Ratings, which rates how willing consumers are to forgive 318 companies across 20 industries.
Advantage Rent-A-Car, Wawa Food Markets, Navy Federal Credit Union, USAA (credit cards), Buick, H-E-B, Wegmans, ExpressJet, True Value, and Bath & Body Works fill out the rest of the top 12 firms.
At the other end of the ratings, consumers are least likely to forgive Comcast, Motel 6, Optimum, Charter Spectrum, Cox Communications, Citibank, Cigna, Pacific Gas & Electric, DirecTV, and Anthem.
“Every organization makes mistakes, so forgiveness is a critical element of loyalty. TV & Internet service providers continue to do little to earn consumers’ forgiveness,” states Bruce Temkin, managing partner of Temkin Group.
- Supermarkets is by far the highest scoring industry, well above the second-place industry, streaming media. TV & Internet service providers is the lowest scoring industry, more than 10 points lower than the next lowest industry, health plans.
- USAA (banking and credit cards), ACE Rent A Car, Advantage Rent-A-Car, Navy Federal Credit Union, and TriCareearned Ratings that are 20 or more points higher than their industry averages.
- McAfee, United Airlines, Pacific Gas and Electric, Sears, CarMax, Citibank, and Motel 6 earned Ratings that are 15 or more points lower than their industry averages.
- Starz, MetroPCS, Fifth Third, Domino’s, Dairy Queen, and Wendy’s improved the most between 2017 and 2018.
- Hitachi, Fox Rent A Car, Bosch, Appalachian Power Company, HSBC, AmazonFresh, and Motel 6 declined the most between 2017 and 2018.
In its eight year of publication, the 2018 Temkin Forgiveness Ratings examines the likelihood of consumers to forgive companies after they make a mistake.
It evaluates 318 companies across 20 industries: Computers & Tablets, Insurance, Investments, Credit Cards, Health Plans, TV/Internet Service, Streaming Media, Wireless, Airlines, Hotels & Rooms, Retailers, Fast Food, Rental Cars & Transport, Supermarkets, Parcel Delivery, TVs & Appliances, Auto Dealers, Software Firms, and Utilities.
The 2018 Temkin Forgiveness Ratings along with other ratings can be accessed at the Temkin Ratings website, TemkinRatings.com.
Copyright Today’s Credit Unions