That Biomass stove Could Help Cut Your Tax Bill
There are some surprising ways to save on your taxes with energy efficiency upgrades, and with tax season coming right up, the energy efficiency experts at Homeselfe wants to make sure you save all you can.
Homeselfe is an app that allows users to perform home energy audits, and offers do-it-yourself solutions for energy saving.
Some of the things you can do to improve your home’s energy efficiency can qualify you for tax credits up to $500 on your return.
According to Homeselfe, these include:
- Biomass stoves
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Advanced main air-circulating fans (tax credit amount of $50)
- Insulation (10% of the cost, up to $500)
- Roofs (metal and asphalt)
- Water heaters (non-solar earns a tax credit amount of $300)
- Windows, doors and skylights (tax credit amount is 10 percent of the cost excluding labor)
These types of upgrades are smart bets, if you plan on living in the house for a while. They save you lots of money – in more ways than one.
Copyright Today’s Credit Unions